Saturday, May 3, 2008

Evening Delights

I first had these simple and delicious cocktails when I was studying in Italy some years ago. I used to visit a small corner bar, The Art Bar where I discovered these tasty concoctions.
I had a small dinner gathering the other night and thought that these libations would be perfect for the occasion. The Caipiroska is traditionally served just as "Caipiroska" with lime only, but I find that the strawberries add an extra delightful sweetness and texture.

Strawberry Caipiroska:

Very simple ingredients:

Vodka
Limes
Strawberries
Sugar
Ice

Chop Limes into eighths
Chop strawberries into quarters
Place a few of each the limes and the strawberries into bottom of glass and sprinkle with about 1 tsp. of sugar.
Muddle the three ingredients together with a muddler or wooden spoon
.
Fill with ice.
Then fill with vodka.
Give the drink a stir and there you go, easy and delicious.
Feel free to top off with some soda water for some sparkle.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Ben said...

Those sound really good. Oddly enough, I have everything onhand but the vodka (which I've needed to restock for a while). But I'll definitely make them soon!

Anonymous said...

fun. i'll give these a try. now that summer is almost here, it's important to lock down the "cocktail of 08." (last year's was vinho verde with frozen rasberries.)