Saturday, November 15, 2008

Eggbattered Chicken with White Truffle Cream Sauce, Roasted Blue Bonnet Potatoes, and Grilled Eggplant

Lightly battered pounded chicken breasts, pan fried in butter and olive oil.
Chopped garlic, sauteed in olive oil, butter, and Samos Island wine, finished with heavy cream and White Truffle Oil.
Garlic, Olive Oil, Rosemary, and butter tossed with halved Blue Bonnet Potatoes and roasted in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, tossing from time to time. Then increase heat to 400 degree for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Halved and sliced Eggplant, grilled with Olive Oil, and salt and pepper.

I can't remember the last time I had Blue Bonnet Potatoes, if I have, and I absolutely loved their nutty flavor. They were delicious with the robust flavors of the Rosemary and Garlic.
The Truffle Oil brought the simple cream sauce to another level and dressed upon the crisp chicken was just a delight.

2 comments:

Laura in Paris said...

I am not sure I have see blue bonnet potatoes in my market. I have to check that out!

Anonymous said...

Looks great - thanks for the reminder on the blue bonnnets. They are indeed delicious.