Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Penne Carbonara (sort of) (not really)



I got my hands on some organic whole wheat penne pasta the other day and it was just asking for a creamy salty sauce to be draped upon it. Yes, yes I know, I did not make the pasta myself. But, it was very nice, served al dente of course.

Here we have:
Creamy Carmelized Onion, Bacon, and Herb Sauce served over Whole Wheat Penne.
(serves 4)
5 strips thick cut American bacon chopped, cooked, and set aside.
Pour off fat and reserve enough to coat the bottom of pan.
Add 2 Tablespoons of butter.
Add half medium diced onion and sautee until golden.
Add 3 cloves chopped garlic.
Add cooked bacon.
Add pinch of both dried Oregano and Basil Leaf.
Pour in 1 1/2 cups cream and reduce by half.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Boil pasta, drain, and add to sauce.
Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Laura in Paris said...

I had penne carbonara last wekkend. I made them for my daughter who loves them!