Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It is about time...


Well, well, well...
I haven't been here in a while. Well, I have been here, but not here.
How unfortunate really. I have been busy, I guess?
My love of food and drink has not stopped or lessened in the least.
It has increased if anything.
As with most things you enjoy, I suspect, the more you learn the more avenues open up.
I have been creating and indulging but just not putting it down here.
I have been feeling a yearning for creation lately.
Perhaps it is the change of the season, or some personal quest inside.

Whatever it is, food creation and exploration always lends itself to a joy not found in other areas.
There are so many recipes or concoctions I need to try, it just seems other life events seem to push themselves in the way.
I suppose this post is a personal affirmation than actually sharing a recipe, but isn't that really what this is all about?
A personal journal of sorts, but really not so personal...
And so with that, I leave you with this:


Homemade Gravlax:

Bay of Fundy Salmon.
Kosher Salt.
Pepper.
Dill.
Lemon.
Cured overnight.
Served with Capers, red onion, cream cheese, bagel.
Bon Appetit!




No comments: