Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lemon Curd and Grand Marnier Cupcakes



After my successful attempt at baking the other week, I was excited to try again. So this time: Lemon Curd and Grand Marnier. Anything with Lemon Curd involved is divine, and I just happen to have some lying around... Grand Marnier on the other hand can have quite a strong flavor so I was careful not to use too much in the recipe. As I mentioned with the Chocolate Cupcakes previously, I actually had a recipe, these beauties I did not. I just made it up as I went along. So the measurements that follow are approximations because again, I just came up with it. The Cupcakes did come out absolutely lovely. The cupcakes were tremendously moist and the sweet lemon was a delicious addition. Unlike the previous cupcakes, I did not ice them. At first I was going to top them with a similar cream cheese frosting with lemon and orange zest, but when they came out so citrusy sweet, I decided to just dust them with confectioners sugar. Enjoy!

Wet:
1 Vanilla Bean scored down side
1 cup milk (heated with vanilla bean, then cooled)
3/4 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbsp Lemon curd
1 1/2 Tbsp Grand Marnier Liqueur
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 Eggs
Whisk all ingredients together. Whisk in eggs one at a time.
Dry:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet. Butter pans then fill with batter and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - baking without a recipe? that's very impressive...the cupcakes sound delicious.

Laura in Paris said...

These cupcakes look fantastic! And I love Lemon Curd. I make it myself with an English recipe from and old book. You have just set me in the mood to make some!