Saturday, August 16, 2008

Star Anise and Mango Cocktail



I had a little get together the other night: International World Tour Olympic Observance Party, for short. I made about 8 dishes which were inspired from different countries, so we needed a cocktail that would set off the mood for the evening.
Here we have the Star Anise and Mango Cocktail.
I made a Star Anise syrup ahead of time, just like that of the Ginger Syrup previously mentioned. Very simple; sugar, water, and a few Star Anise steeped in the syrup.

3 ounces vodka
1/2 ounce Star Anise Syrup
1 ounce mashed Mango
splash of lime juice
Put all ingredients in metal shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into martini glass, top with soda water and garnish with one of the Star Anise from the syrup.
Of course you can leave out the soda if you would like, but again I like the bubbles.Cin Cin!



4 comments:

Laura in Paris said...

I have pkebty of star anise that I brought from my last trip to Provence. I used them to give a different scent to my green plums preserves, but I will try your recipe becuase I have a ripe mango in the kitchen asking to be used today (Sunday is a good day for an evening cocktail on my deck)

Anonymous said...

You are a cocktail artist.

maybelles mom said...

somehow, I haven't been to your blog in ages. I love the new look, and I think this is a delish cocktail.

Anonymous said...

this sounds great - summer in a glass.