Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chocolate Fudge Pound Cake

More chocolate...
I was having an impromptu dinner party the other night with 8 people including myself. So, I had to throw something together for dessert as well as the meal. For the meal I decided upon; Pork Schnitzel, Scalloped Potatoes, and grilled Zucchini, Squash, and Peppers with Lemon and herbs. For the dessert: Chocolate Fudge Pound Cake served with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (that I did not make, but will in the future) and a Bittersweet Chocolate drizzle that hardened on the Ice Cream like Stracciatella.

The pound cake came out a just a bit dry. When I think of pound cake, let alone Fudge Pound cake, I want some dense cake, ya know? It might have been due to ten minutes too long in the oven...When I plated the dessert I warmed up the cake and then sliced it for individual servings.

2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs

4-5 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate chopped/melted
2 1/4 cups flour
3 tbsp. water (you could use brandy or other booze instead)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cup yogurt

Cream butter and sugar in bowl. Add eggs one at a time mixing as you go.
Mix in melted Chocolate. Add water.
In separate bowl mix flour, salt, and baking soda.
Add 1/4 of flour mixture into sugar/chocolate bowl alternating with yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. This enables complete mixing and giving the batter a good consistency.

Pour into well greased Bundt pan. Bake for app. 55 minutes at 350 degrees.



No comments: