Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ginger Lime Martinis

I have been using Ginger in my cocktails lately, partly because I made a big batch of Ginger Syrup but, mainly because they taste so good! Especially during the warmer months the hint of tanginess from the ginger brings a wonderful extra element to the complexity of the cocktail. These martinis are so simple and delicious.
Cheers to Ginger Lime Martinis;

(As I have mentioned in the past, any of these cocktails can be made with Gin instead of Vodka. I just prefer Vodka over gin, but please feel free.)

3 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz Ginger Syrup
Juice of half of lime
Shake all ingredients in metal shaker with ice. Strain into martini glass and top with soda water.
I have topped these cocktails with soda. I really like the bubble addition to my martini. Of course you could use a Champagne, Cava, or a Prosecco, but sometimes the dryness can over power the Ginger.
Also, I decided to garnish the cocktail with a slice of Cucumber instead of a lime. (which would make more sense) Really, you could/should garnish with both. I personally love Cucumbers and I like to nibble them as I enjoy my Martini.

Cin Cin!

4 comments:

Will said...

Now this is something I have to try.

Anonymous said...

Sounds quite tasty!

Anonymous said...

Meesa no like-aah da naboo... (scat)

Anonymous said...

this does sound delicious - and it's a good reminder that i really need to make (and have on hand) some ginger syrup.